Site Network: Home | Podiobooks | Facebook Group | About

Two things from the podosphere...

There is a cliche to be found in the arrival of two posts on this blog after an extended pause, which I'm sure you can work out for yourself. There are similarly cliched semi-apologies to be given about the pressures of a new job and various other real-life related issues. I could follow these with a predictable promise not to neglect this blog in future, which I believe is traditional. Imagine, if you like, that all of these things have taken place, while I get on with the business at hand.


Firstly, my fellow podcaster (and general splendid bloke) Mike Bennett has just released a new story as part of his ongoing series 'Hall of Mirrors'. I encourage anyone who might have enjoyed HtDC or Electricity to go seek it out here.


Secondly, Matthew Wayne Selznick's novel 'Brave Men Run' has been picked up by Swarm Press. Why should this interest you? Let me explain. Been chronically time-starved, I haven't indulged as much as I'd like in the other podiobooks available at www.podiobooks.com, which often seems a great shame. 'Brave Men Run' nonetheless has piqued my interest enough to give it a go. More than this, it's another example of podcasting others making the leap into print. Which is nice. If you've enjoyed his work, I encourage you to give Matt as much support as you can. Podcast authors (such as myself, in case this strikes you as being unusually altruistic) thrive off word of mouth from our wonderful, caring and supportive listeners (of excellent taste.)


Thirdly, well, there isn't really a thirdly. Other than to suggest you stay tuned to this blog for the third and final part in my 'Where I'm Stealing From' series, which should appear in the next couple of days. As well as what I grudgingly refer to as my professional life (teaching), my writing time has been occupied lately with a piece for a great Australian magazine which will temporarily remain nameless. Which is fine, really. I could spend my life writing those things. I mean, couldn't I? Somehow?

0 comments:

Post a Comment